Office History

Oleynik Dental was founded by Dr. Joseph W. Oleynik D.M.D F.A.G.D more than 60 years ago. Dr. Joe was born August 1923 in Shelton, CT. His father was a Czech immigrant and semi-skilled factory worker. His mother, also a Czech immigrant, worked as seamstress when she arrived in the United States. After graduating from Shelton High School, Dr. Joe was enlisted in the Navy during World War II. He was trained as a┬ánaval aviator, serving as a carrier based fighter pilot. After the war, Dr. Joe received his associate’s degree from the University of Bridgeport. Following his undergraduate education, he pursued his D.M.D degree at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston.

Dr. Joe returned to Shelton to begin private practice in 1953. The original office was located on Howe Avenue in Shelton, however after a few years, Dr. Joe decided that the office needed to expand its’ space and he moved the office to its’ current location on Wooster Street. Dr. Joe’s caring personality and strong commitment to his patients contributed to the early success of the practice and remain the cornerstones of the office today. In 1984 Dr. Joe’s son, Dr. Kenneth Oleynik, joined the practice. After serving as a general dentist for 59 years, Dr. Joe retired from the practice in 2012 leaving the practice in the capable hands of Dr. Ken. Dr. Joe is a lifelong golfer as a member of Highland Golf Club. His other hobbies include gardening and spending time with his family.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.